The gallery, which is run with the help of volunteers, provides a venue for local artists to display their work and features a diverse selection of original works including paintings, photography, pottery, baskets, glass, fiber art and jewelry, as well as books by local authors, note cards and post cards. League members also volunteer to work with local schools and other groups to help develop literary,
visual and performing arts programs.
PERQUIMANS ARTS LEAGUE JURYING PROCESS FOR VISUAL ARTS
In an effort to promote, nurture and preserve high standards of art and culture in Perquimans County, and to encourage amateurs and professionals in the arts, The Perquiman’s Arts League conducts a fair and balanced jurying process for its exhibits.
• Artists must be members of Perquiman’s Arts League to apply for jurying.
• Artists must submit their pieces on the first Monday of each month. Artists must submit their application by the first Monday of the month, except December and July (the Jury Committee does not meet during these months).
• Art must be original and have been created within the last two years.
• At least 75% of the artwork must be handcrafted by the artist. The only exception is fashion/ costume jewelry
• Samples of the work may be submitted either online or in the Gallery.
Online submissions – artist must send photographs showing multiple views of the 5 works submitted. (i.e., jewelry includes both front and back of pieces; pottery includes both top, bottom and details of the work).
In Gallery submissions – artist must bring 5 physical examples of the work.
• Artists must submit 5 examples that are representative of work in each of the preferred categories.
• Artists can only jury in one category at a time.
• Notecards, cards, books, calendars, which contain images of an artist’s work, is not a separate category. The artist must be already juried into to the category that is reflected on the print material. For example, note cards of a watercolor image, can only be sold if the artist is already juried under watercolor.
1. Oil / acrylic painting
3. Drawing / Pastels
4. Decorative painting on found objectives
6. Graphics: ex. digital art, silk screen, mono prints
Updated November 11, 2023